Using volunteer advocates on your helpline can increase the number of clients you can serve. The hotline also provides a great opportunity for law students and volunteer attorneys to contribute their time. Several hotlines have major volunteer components to their operations.
- Hotlines may be a Key to Overcoming Fear of Commitment for Pro Bono Volunteers, David Godfrey, LHC Dec. 2011
- Ten Tips for Utilizing In-House Non-Attorney Volunteers in Legal Services, Jan May, LHC March 2010
- How to Attract and Keep Volunteer Attorneys and Law Students By Prof. Debora Schmedemann
- Marketing Pro Bono Opportunities Survey Chart Reprinted with permission by Deborah Schmedemann
- Kansas Legal Services Elder Law Adviceline- A Pro Bono Attorney Model
- Referral Attorney Panel: a Wise Adjunct to a Legal Hotline
- Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS)
- CARPLS Student Legal Aid Hotline
- New Mexico Lawyer Referral for the Elderly Program by Richard Spinello
- South Dakota Senior Legal Helpline
- Aging Network's Volunteer Collaborative -this website is a great resource for working with older volunteers. It has webinars, case studies, links to additional websites, and more resources for you to use when building your program to utilize older volunteers.